A cookie is a small text file that is sent from our Web server and stored by your Web browser. The cookie helps ad system to recognise the type of content and which advertisements visited on our site. The information that is stored can be information about how our visitors have surfed on and used our site, what browsers our visitors use, what ads our visitors have seen.
Kepler Hosting uses statistics in aggregate/aggregate about users/traffic and transport providers. However, such statistics never contain any kind of personal information. Everything is anonymous. IP addresses are not saved in Kepler Hosting’s database that stores your behaviour on the site, therefore, your information will never be linked to your identity. Your IP address is stored for security reasons only in cases where you yourself actively signing up on the website, for example, if you want to register as a customer.
Kepler Hosting’s website uses three types of cookies. The first type saves a file permanently on your computer and allows information that is new since you last visited the page last updated. What has not changed is retrieved locally from your computer if you have visited this page. This allows you to more quickly see the information from the website.
The second type of cookie is called a session cookie. While you are surfing on a page, this cookie is sent between your computer and the server to be able to merge information, such as which language you have chosen. Session cookies are not stored permanently on your computer but disappear when you close your browser.
The third type of cookies is sure to keep statistics on how many people visit the site. Sometimes also uses Kepler Hosting third party cookies from other companies to make the market studies and traffic measurements, facilitate ad management and to improve the functionality of the website. Kepler Hosting sometimes uses pixels or transparent gif files to facilitate the advertising on the Web. These files come from ad networks and Kepler Hosting has partnered with Kepler Hosting’s technology provider. The files make the ad system recognize cookies on your computer to be able to understand which ads to display, or the ads that have been shown in the browser.
Purposes with cookies and measuring tools
– Let the system recognize returning users to customize messages.
– Calculate and report the number of users and traffic.
– Easier for you to move around the site.
– Build segments and target groups for marketing purposes and to target ads.
– Reduce advertising that is irrelevant to certain target groups.
– Develop and improve the website by understanding how it is used.
To prevent cookies from being stored
– You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time, but this will allow your personal settings will be lost.
– You can also change the settings in your browser so that it does not allow cookies to be saved on your hard drive. However, this impairs the functionality of some Web pages, can prevent access to member pages and make content and features are not available. The browser can also delete previously stored cookies. See your browser’s help pages for more information.
You can always contact Kepler Hosting’s data protection officer at [email protected] or call +46-(0)42-453 08 30